Log in

No account? Create an account
25 December 2010 @ 07:19 pm
Japan Travelogue: Sengakuji & Shinkansen & Music Station (24th of December)  


Hi, minna!

I'm really sorry I did not post yesterday. So, I'm doing it now. It got a bit late last night and I was tired. On top of that I also got a bit stuck - but I'm getting ahead of myself. ^^" So, let me start at the beginning.

We got up a bit late, which wouldn't have been so bad, had we not missed our check-out. Well, it was fine, after all. First thing on the list was to get reservations for the train to Nagoya, which we did right in Shinjuku. Then we moved on. Basically, we merely wanted to stroll around a bit. The only place we decided to visit was the "Ronin temple". In case you don't know, the story is a follows: 47 Samurai became ronin when their master was killed. Even though they no longer held title and what else you need to act as a Samurai, they avenged their master and then committed suicide. This temple holds a memorial place for those ronin. It's quite a sight. A rather big temple area and as you get into the memorial space, you can buy a small case with incense sticks. You then put a stick on every grave (well, I'm not entirely sure whether they are actually the graves, or just memorial places) as you make your way around the area. B.A. and I watched the place, but we did not buy sticks. It was pretty crowded - the entire area smelled of the sticks. ^^" And somehow, it would have felt off. But it was very interesting to witness the scene.

Bike parking

Way to the ronin temple

Walk to the memorial

Shop for buying incense sticks

Ronin memorial

Little shrine in the area

Once we were back out on the street, we decided to get back to the hotel already. I was actually happy, since it had gotten a bit cold. Once back we quickly checked where our new hotel was, got our stuff and then made our way to Tokyo Station. I had feared it would be bothersome with the cold wind and all, but in the end it turned out okay and we arrived at Tokyo Station without much trouble. Well, not considering my heavy luggage, that is. Poor B.A. always had to take it up and down the stairs. ^^" Well, we had a few minutes left and we were starving, so we bought bento boxes to eat on the train.

Woah, bento boxes are so neat! O_O  Plus, eating on the Shinkansen is really something else. I've eaten a lot on trains, since I've been travelling a lot between my hometown and the place where I got educated to be a dance teacher while I was in training. It really can't compare.  Well, B.A. and I were already amazed that there were so many staff people running around the train and always bowed before leaving a wagon for the next one and apologized for having disturbed the passengers with their presence. @_@  So, the ride on the Shinkansen was really nice and even though my phone had run low and I couldn't use it as an mp3 player time seemed to fly by. Plus, I had another attraction to observe: The Shinkansen toilet. That was quite something else too. It's huge and bright and clean and... well, very different from what I'm used to. ^^

Okay, so we arrived in Nagoya at around 8 pm. At first we were a bit worried about getting to the hotel, since the tourist information center was already closed and thus we were stuck without a local map. Fortunately, B.A. had insisted we write the most important points down before we had left Tokyo. ^^ So with our notes and the big map at the station we set our directions and went looking for our hotel. We found it pretty quickly too. Just that it wasn't our hotel. Well, that is, it was too. It looked exactly like the one in the internet. The only problem was that it was the "Rich Hotel", but we were looking for the "Green Hotel". Mah, of course, it turned out that the place had just been renamed after we had made our reservations, so we got our room without much trouble.

Checking the room out for the first time we found that it's pretty much the same as the one we had in Tokyo - just a bit smaller. First thing I went right for the A/C. It had gotten pretty cold, so I wanted to heat the room. Sadly, we cannot regulate the temperature, but are stuck with whatever the main heater gives us. Not that I would be complaining. I like it warm. Just that B.A. and I have a very different perception of warm and cold - but I'm moving ahead again.

Next thing I wanted to charge my phone, which turned out difficult, because our plug adaptor did not connect so well and thus the flow kept breaking again and again. In the end I had to stabilise the charger with my camera, but hey, it worked. That was really important too, because besides my love of the mp3 option, I had some very special plans. I called my family for Christmas as soon as the phone worked again properly. Aw, it was so nice to hear their voices. They were totally surprised too. ^^ Then B.A. also made a short call home. After that, we wanted to get down to the lobby. B.A. wanted to send some Christmas greetings and I wanted to update my blog - which I didn't.

So, what happened? Well, I have to admit that I was rather tired. And then our flat screen intrigued me somewhat, so I switched it on randomly and almost (or did I? XD ) squealed when I saw NewS on. XDDDD I had by chance hit the "Music Station Super Live 2010". ^^ Naturally, I was totally happy and so I decided to finish watching it. I was super happy to see quite a lot of the JE guys and and some other people I had seen on other shows and some I didn't know. It was really quite interesting. Poor B.A. had to bear with me again. ^^" I remember I actually squealed when KinKi were on. XDDD Although, somehow as I have witnessed many times before, I felt that MS and KinKi just don't compliment each other. They always seem a bit... I don't know, distracted somehow. The only nice performance I've seen them do on MS was Swan Song. Well, maybe it's just me. ^^" I loved the costumes, at any rate. And the entire show was nice.

KinKi on MS

Hm, afterwards it was really late. B.A. still went ot send his mails, but I decided to update later. Which I now did. Getting to bed I somewhat had to fight the cold, but the A/C is really loud, so we had to turn it down somewhat. In the end I decided to wear a mask to protect my throat. XD Well, I really have to watch out there. My throat is totally sensitive. It worked better than I had expected. ^^" It was still cold. :P  Well, B.A. liked it much better. ^^

Okay, I think that's pretty much it, now moving on to today's report. ^^

Current Mood: hungryhungry
(Deleted comment)
Hikaru: Takki LOL!yoru_no_hikaru on December 25th, 2010 08:00 am (UTC)
Hi. ^^

Haha, no time for proper commenting? Or just being randon again? XD
(Deleted comment)
Hikaru: Koichi plumbing heroyoru_no_hikaru on December 25th, 2010 08:03 am (UTC)
I love every comment that I get. <3
Especially with your fantastic icons. XD
(Deleted comment)
Hikaru: Takahashiyoru_no_hikaru on December 25th, 2010 08:07 am (UTC)
Yay! Love, love, love, love! ^^

Love you, love icons, love comments, love lj,....
Spreading love around the world. <33333
(Deleted comment)
Hikaru: Tsuyoshi ken-chan chuuyoru_no_hikaru on December 25th, 2010 08:12 am (UTC)
Aw, that's really cute! <3

Eh? Feburary is already out? @_@ I still have to get the last issue. ^^
(Deleted comment)
Hikaru: Koichi fullyoru_no_hikaru on December 25th, 2010 08:21 am (UTC)
OMG! O_O Yeah, gotta get it. ^^

Oh, but now I have to let B.A. use the ocmputer a bit too. ^^"